Thursday, June 12, 2014

Backwards and Upside Down

Hello there. Let's glaze over the apologies for my absence. I can bog you down with excuses every time I take a hiatus or I can just get back into it. 

Hello my name is Rebecca and I'm an adict. I have been going through glue and needles like crazy. I can't concentrate on anything else. No, I'm not shooting up Krazy Glue, I've been starting craft projects left & right. I'm currently refinishing an antique army footlocker, sewing fabric headbands from various scraps, turning a picture frame (that previously held a funny/creepy painting of a monk drinking from a stein) into a mirror, and crocheting t-shirts into a rug. I spent the majority of my day off recently sewing and doing laundry. Let me tell you, it was satisfying. Yes I may have accidentally made a headband that fit around my ribcage but you take the bad with the good and learn from it. 

I've always done crafty things here and there but since the inception of Pinterest, it has taken a larger role in my life. The funny thing is, I'm not great at it. It's generally quite the comedy of errors.

My closest friend and I have put together various pieces of furniture for her home and business. We have put all of these pieces together several times. I seem to have this thing in my mind where I read the instructions to a point, think I've got it, and go for it. Then when I think I've gotten to the next step in the instructions, I go back to the little pamphlet written in broken English. I always discover at this point (or sometimes for fun I wait until the piece is totally together and some key element is backwards) that I've accidentally gone ahead a step and done it backwards or upside down. Now, whenever I set out to make or assemble something, I have to steel myself to the fact that I'm probably going to do some or all of the steps several times. 

Do you like to craft? Are you like me and make a lot of mistakes? Do these mistakes make you quit or do you power through? 

No comments:

Post a Comment